Saturday, January 1, 2011

Do you remember Cloth Kits?

As a child, my mum often had sewing projects on the go and very often they were cloth kits.  Cloth kits was a catalogue where you could select clothes and toy patterns and then all you needed to create them was supplied to you in a bundle.  There were no fidly paper patterns.  The fabric had the pattern pieces printed onto them and they were great quality.
I believe they faded out in the 1980's and seemed to disappear from the scenes, but now they are back and with the most exciting range of clothes, haberdashery, toys and other items.
Wonderful Liberty print Bias binding (drool, drool!)
Ladies fashion

the original vintage rag doll Polly kit which my mum made up for my sister.

There is so much to see on the site and I would strongly advise that if you are of a "I want that" disposition, that you overcome the urge to look HERE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...