Thursday, January 7, 2010

Paint Playtime!

I haven't had time to make any cards for a very long time and most markets someone comes and asks me if I have any cards yet.
On the spur of the moment this morning I grabbed my paints (acrylics) and some acrylic paint board and started to play.

The top three images are the individual painted panels that will be glued onto the front of cards.


They start life as a series of developing colour blocks each a little different from the one before, but all worked in sequence. (above: top row : left to right. Middle row: right to left. bottom row: left to right.

Once the paintings are dry, they'll be cut out with a small white border area.


The next time someone asks me f I have any cards, I'll be able to reply "yes".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...