Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nightmares!

My little girl is a very musical child. She loves dancing, singing, playing the violin and is always involved in something musical.
For several years she has been taught to sing by a family friend who used to teach our son before he won the musical scholarship and started with professional lessons. Eden sort of filled the void he left behind. Vicky is great and teaches Eden really well. They have a mutual adoration of each other and with Vicky's encouragement and teaching Eden is becomeing a great little singer.
over the years she also took up violin and joined the school orchestra primarily as a percussionist and now as a violinist. She's also taken up the recorder and bl;asts out tunes at full blast.
Twice a year she enters the local music festivals. In January it's just singing, but in the summer at Hornsea festival, she has several school classes too.
Last night, she brought home a letter. Looking at the cold hard facts in black and white really drummed home the truth that's been floating around in my mind for a couple of months. I new the impossibilites to come but .....


Morning; violin ensemble
Morning; orchestra
Morning; solo singing

Afternoon: recorders
Afternoon; choir

Now given that last year Eden wasn't in the violin ensemble we were still in deep trouble. There are five venues set around the seaside resort and everything is at different venues. Last year Eden sang in a large singing class and managed to come first. we signed for the trophy and were shocked at the size of it. it was huge. The minute we could, we legged it, running down the street with a huge trophy and dived into the car drove to the next venue and managed to arrive just as the orchestra were returning to their seats having finished playing. this year, we have to squeeze in the violin ensemble too.

I lay awake for a long time last night worryiong and then dropped off into a very fretful sleep with violins, venues, carparks and music screatching in my head.
It is not in power to do anything about the situation. I can't talk to the teacher and warn her as it's now half term. ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!

I can only take comfort in the words of Psalm 77:

I cried out to God to help;
I cried out to God to hear me.
When I was in distress I sought the Lord;
at night I stretched out untiring hands
and my soul refused to be comforted .......

........Your path led through the sea,
yourway through mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen.
You led your people like a flock by the hand of moses and Aaron.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...